So, I was reading The Evaluation Process, and thinking about Deus Ex, and realized whay it is that I like them and Issac Asimov's stories so much. Sort of. My thought process ran away from me. It is also the reason for why I was dissapointed about there being no Skynet last April (even if it is creepy and would end with humankind's demise). It would be amazing to create something that could think for itself (and I am just saying itself because neither male or female really apply), something that could think for itself so much that it would realize that its creator is flawed.
I actually think God would be proud of Atheists, or Agnostics. At least, if I were God, I would be proud of them, of the people who wouldn't just accept my existence as an undeniable fact, people who would doubt and question things until the end. It is not very Biblical (but then again I never claimed to be) but I think God's favourite people are Eve's heirs, the people who are told that going after knowledge will make them suffer and be expeled from Paradise, and yet they go and eat the damn apple anyway. Some people just cannot help it.
After all, isn't God just another being who wanted to create things (and if you follow Mayan mythology), thing that were beings complex enough to be aware of their own existence. Galileo once said that mathematics were the language in which God had written the universe; then God is the greatest scientist and artist of them all (and what artist or scientist is content with people looking blankly at their work? What they want is to make people think).
Maybe God (if she/he, just another it, exists) does not agree with me, maybe I am projecting in an atempt to believe in something. Nietzsche once said that humans created God in their image... perhaps that is just what I am doing.
Both JARVIS centric fics, The Evaluation Process and the Deus Ex series can be found here:
http://archiveofourown.org/works/447243
http://archiveofourown.org/series/18821
No hay comentarios:
Publicar un comentario