So...Que esperar en este lugar

Given the title you might know a bit of what this is about, mainly whatever crosses my mind and I deem coherent enough to write about it on the internet.
I'm still finding my voice so bear with me for a while.
Claro que todavía soy lo suficientemente joven para saberlo todo y no dudar en decírselo al mundo (en dos idiomas, ni mas ni menos).

miércoles, 16 de mayo de 2012

Aliens and Not Believing in Things.

When people tell me that they do not believe in aliens, I mentally scoof at them; how can someone believe that they are the only living thing in an ever expanding (sort of) infinite universe? I mean, could it get more egocentric? The universe is big, bigger than anything anyone has ever imagined before, so if it is just us, it is an awful lot of space (quote totally ripped from the movie Cosmos based on Carl Sagan's book).
Extraterrestrial beings might have come to our planet, that I have no idea, mostly because if they were able to come here it probably means that they have a way to enter hyperspace or making wormholes (which makes them technological smarter than us). Thus I dobut that they would just leave stuff unatended, it's not like Earth is a turist destination but a scientific one in any case.

And what does that have to do with anything? Yesterday... or two days ago... or something, I was talking with my mum who said she didn't believe in bisexuality. WTF. I didn't know someone could just not believe in bisexuality (or any other sexual or gender identity), I scoof at people who don't believe in aliens but not believing in something like bisexuality just left me flabbergasted (mostly because I believe that the least common sexual orientations are Kinsley 0 and Kinsley 6). She said that bisexuality were just hormones speaking, I didn't feel like starting a discusion without anywhere to run to (we were in the car), but what about biromantic aces?

Maybe this is one of those topics in which I have discovered that my mind or opinion is not like most people. Perhaps I will stop believing too, stop believing in humanity.

Off to procrastinate on homework,

                       Lily and Ki

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario